Web3 Foundations Course. Unleash the internet’s promise
3 Hours | 7 OnDemand Lessons | Instructor AMA | BCA Exam Voucher
Web3 is an emerging adoption of technology. Building on Web2, Web3 introduces critical elements of trust, control, and management of how we engage with each other and with the interwebs.
The Web3 Foundations Course is designed into three sections. The first module is a general introduction to what Web3 is as well as the features and elements that are a part of the technology. This is a general overview and is not technical.
It also includes a technical introduction to Web3. Covering the technical stack, skills, and abilities required to build in this technology adaptation. Along with several exercises and projects to build your first Web3 application.
The course continues with a general discussion of the technology, where a discussion of how to implement applications for individuals, companies, organizations, and governments. Like Part 1, a technical skill set is not required for this section.
- Having a basic understanding of Web3
- Learning about tokenomics
- Understanding the technical structure of Web3
- Learning about how to adapt the technology to your organization
- Exposure to a number of actual use cases
Duration: 3 Hours
Certificate of Completion
BCA Web3 Foundations Microcredential – Blockchain Certification Association
Module 1: Understanding what Web3 is
- Overview of Web3 features and architecture
- The history of Web1 and Web2
- Characteristics of Web3
Module 2: Why Web3
- Data is the New Oil
- Why Web3 Matters
- The Purpose of Web3
- The flow of Talent to Web3
- The transfer of Value from Web2 to Web3
Module 3: Web3 and the Metaverse
- What is the Metaverse
- Technologies of the Metaverse
Module 4: Blockchain Fundamentals
- Blockchain is Not Bitcoin
- Blockchain Definitions
- History of Blockchain
- Properties of Blockchain
- 10 Key Concepts of Blockchain
- How does Blockchain Work?
- Consensus Types
- Mining and Verification
- Smart Contracts
Module 5: Understanding DeFi
- What is DeFi
- DeFi vs Traditional Finance
- DeFi Activities
- DeFi Risks
Module 6: Challenges, Risks and Ethics of Web3
- Advantages of Web3
- Challenges of Web3
- Speed of Web3
Module 7: What comes after Web3?
- What is Web3
- Is there a Web4 and what is it
- Is there a Web5
Reference: Web3 Glossary
Recommended Courses following this course include Blockchain Foundations and Crypto Trader Course.