Web3, set to unleash the internet’s promise
Web3 is an emerging adoption of technology. Building on Web2, Web3 introduces critical elements of trust, control, and management of how we engage with each other and with the interwebs.
It is designed into three sections. The first module is a general introduction to what Web3 is as well as the features and elements that are a part of the technology. This is a general overview and is not technical.
It also includes a technical introduction to Web3. Covering the technical stack, skills, and abilities required to build in this technology adaptation. Along with several exercises and projects to build your first Web3 application.
The course continues with a general discussion of the technology, where a discussion of how to implement applications for individuals, companies, organizations, and governments. Like Part 1, a technical skill set is not required for this section.
- Having a basic understanding of Web3
- Learning about tokenomics
- Understanding the technical structure of Web3
- Learning about how to adapt the technology to your organization
- Exposure to a number of actual use cases
Duration: 3 Hours
Module 1: Understanding what Web3 is
- Overview of Web3 features and architecture
- The history of Web1 and Web2
- Characteristics of Web3
Module 2: Why Web3
- Data is the New Oil
- Why Web3 Matters
- The Purpose of Web3
- The flow of Talent to Web3
- The transfer of Value from Web2 to Web3
Module 3: Web3 and the Metaverse
- What is the Metaverse
- Technologies of the Metaverse
Module 4: Blockchain Fundamentals
- Blockchain is Not Bitcoin
- Blockchain Definitions
- History of Blockchain
- Properties of Blockchain
- 10 Key Concepts of Blockchain
- How does Blockchain Work?
- Consensus Types
- Mining and Verification
- Smart Contracts
Module 5: Understanding DeFi
- What is DeFi
- DeFi vs Traditional Finance
- DeFi Activities
- DeFi Risks
Module 6: Challenges, Risks and Ethics of Web3
- Advantages of Web3
- Challenges of Web3
- Speed of Web3
Module 7: What comes after Web3?
- What is Web3
- Is there a Web4 and what is it
- Is there a Web5
Reference: Web3 Glossary
- Quiz 1 – Modules 1 & 2 – 5 Questions
- Quiz 2 – Module 3 – 5 Questions
- Quiz 3 – Modules 4 through 6 – 5 Questions
- Final Exam – 20 Questions
What happens next?
Certificate of Completion
- Upon passing the Web3 Foundations course final exam, you reach the course completion page, where you can download your Certificate of Completion reflecting your name and date of completion.
Eligible to sit for the BCA Web3 Foundations Microcredential Exam.
- The course, quizzes, and final exam have prepared you to take the BCA Web3 Foundations Microcredential Exam by the Blockchain Certification Association (BCA).
- Earn the NFT Digital Badge Credential below and share your achievement with colleagues, employers, partners, or investors.