Educate and empower yourself to confidently advise your career, clients, and colleagues about Digital Asset Technologies
The Blockchain Foundations course introduces the world of blockchain, bitcoin, and distributed ledgers. You will learn the basics, look at how blockchain works, explore Bitcoin, review blockchain’s brief and fascinating history, and show you the practical usage of this technology. The objective of the course is to provide a solid foundation for those looking to gain a deeper understanding and learn how it will affect nearly all business areas. With a firm focus on, but not entirely limited to, the finance industry, we will look at use cases already in the market and emerging use cases set to alter how we operate businesses and safeguard our personal information.
Estimated time to complete: 15 Hours
Questions We’ll Explore:
- How does blockchain work?
- What is mining and hashing?
- Do digital wallets differ in their capabilities?
- How will smart contracts change how we operate?
- What are the nuances with Private vs. Public vs. Hybrid and Permissioned vs. Permissionless blockchains?
- What are the different types of consensus, and how does the consensus mechanism differ from protocol to protocol?
- Explore the origins of blockchain and understand how the technology will disrupt many industries;
- Position your mindset to the web3 way of operating online;
- Comprehend and articulate blockchain applications, or DApps (decentralized applications);
- Course and tuition credit towards advanced blockchain Certification tracks.
- Certificate of Completion
- BCA Blockchain Foundations Microcredential
- Module 1 & 2 Quiz – 5 questions
- Modules 3 & 4 Quiz – 6 questions
- Modules 7 through 11 – 7 questions
- Final Exam – 20 questions – Must achieve 70% or greater to pass the course. You have three final exam attempts.